Dominique Thread!

Pics
Hi everyone I just went and looked at some Dominique hens or they are supposed to be Dominique's but I'm not sure so I was wondering if it was natural for Dominique hens to have a black on there legs all the way up to 6months to a year old? Thanks

Quote:
Well thank you. That is better than the original guesstimation of all males......LOL. I received another dozen hatching eggs in the mail that will go into the incubator soon. Maybe I can get a few more girls out of this batch....

frow.gif
Hello!
I'm new to Dominiques, I'll be getting my first ones on Monday. I'm getting a trio from a breeder. Can anyone give me a crash course on how to evaluate a good Dominique?
Also, there are 3 roos that 7 months, 1 year, and 2 years. I believe the hens fall into the same age groups. Is it best to go with the younger birds that will productive longer and will transition better, or would you go with an older group, that is already proven, and is producing quality offspring?

Last edited:
Quote:
It's great to see so many new folks on this thread!

This is a must read and will answer a lot of your questions.

http://www.dominiquechicken.com/The_Dominique_Standard.html

to answer your question about which age to get them, I'd go with the older 2 year rooster and the hens at 1 year. You will definitely know what you are getting as far as type goes. That's what I would do...

Best of luck! I know you are excited!!!

I want to find someone that can ship Dominque day olds or hatching eggs. Prefer GA or one of the surrounding states due to the time in the mail. Prefer not to order from a hatchery if possible.

anyone?
Shelly

Back
Top Bottom