Dominique Thread!

Hello All!!
frow.gif

I hunted down the Dom thread.... there needs to be a link for them under ref board!!
th.gif
lol

Any fellow Virginians??

Just got my first group of Dominiques!! I ordered 4 females from Meyers. One didn't make it, but the other 3 are doing great and are healthy little peeps. So excited to raise these little girls, the breed's temperment will fit in well with my little backyard flock.

The last of my lumber should show up tomorrow! Then the fence and chicken yard building starts in earnest. Too bad I'll be in Palm Springs for work all next week. Nice weather forecast for the whole week and me out of town!
th.gif

Only 10 weeks until my chicks show up, and hatching eggs coming soon after!

I got a laugh over my Dom rooster, recently. I thought I'd let the Spitzs and Doms out together a while ago. (And watch to see if they got along.) Their runs are next to each other and they share the house with a wire separator...so... The Spitzes ran all over, as usual, but the Dom rooster stood in the door to his run and wouldn't let any of his girls out. Spitz hens were welcome to enter, however. The two roosters just ignored each other.

I missed out on a Craigslist ad selling a pair of SQ Dominiques. They had already been promised to someone else but the owner was kind enough to offer to collect eggs for me. So yesterday I was hand delivered 15 Dominique eggs brought by a BYC friend that saved me the 2 hour trip to pick them up because her husband works in the same area & picked them up for me & she hand delivered them to me. What a deal. I am soooooo lucky. I settle them into the incubator last evening after my company left. I have just the one pair & have had a few chicks hatch so far but was surprised at how different these eggs Debi brought me were from the ones I get from my pair. The new eggs are rosey brownish not the biege that I get from mine.
What color eggs do your Dominiques lay? These are beautiful eggs I so hope I have a good hatch.

All my Dom eggs are beige brown. They vary in how dark they are. The red brown would be pretty. I wonder if it has something to do with feed? Good luck with your hatch! I only want to hatch eggs from 2 of my hens so when it warms up I'm going to do some creative rearranging.

We are ALWAYS doing creative rearranging..........LOL I sooooooooo know how that goes. I am excited about the Dom eggs & got a email yesterday about the B/W AMs pair I have for sale & it turned out to be the person that had bought that pair of Dominiques that I missed out on...Small world we live in here on BYC......LOL
As of this morning my incubators are FULL. In a way that a vacation for me for a short time....LOL

Back
Top Bottom