Dong Tao or Ga Ho

I am in contact with a vietnamese fellow on BYC. Still making plans but I gotta settle down here in Beijing first.

Alright enjoy your trip I am sure Beijing is really a moving place to be
thumbsup.gif

man just saw these bad boys. was wondering the same thing. does anyone know where a good place to go to find rare chickens or harder to find chickens that dont break the bank>

Beijing was not an easy place to get around for finding farms. The guy in Vietnam kept offering to mail chickens to beijing for 500$ but I had to send him the money first without guarantees. I decided to abort the ship when I figured out that I won't have time to go to Vietnam to visit the farms. I did however visit the Yeonsan Ogye farm in South Korea. Sorry to disappoint those of you hoping to get your hands on some of these birds.

Beijing was not an easy place to get around for finding farms. The guy in Vietnam kept offering to mail chickens to beijing for 500$ but I had to send him the money first without guarantees. I decided to abort the ship when I figured out that I won't have time to go to Vietnam to visit the farms. I did however visit the Yeonsan Ogye farm in South Korea. Sorry to disappoint those of you hoping to get your hands on some of these birds.

I understand that as I would not send $ 500.00 USD to any person I have never met ..

So how many eggs were you to get for the $ 500 USD ?

I sure hope you are enjoying your busy trip in China .
celebrate.gif

There used to be a Vietnam war veteran who lived in Texas that had some, back before people really knew much about them. Don't know if he still has them or is even still able to keep chickens. They were very hard to raise and breed, even in Texas. They liked it hot. I ran into him in discussing another fascinating Vietnamese breed, the Ga Noi.

Current import law would make it pretty much impossible to get birds from Vietnam into the United States, even hatching eggs. Even the birds that were descended from those brought from southeast Asia to Europe when laws allowed it are very difficult. You pretty much have to be a large importing operation to negotiate the hurdles of that, such as has been the case with the flavor of the week, designer, all black birds.

Back
Top Bottom