Don't be STUPID !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by JimnJanet, May 1, 2008.

1. JimnJanet

JimnJanet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    S.W Pa.
    Like me [​IMG]
    I hastily threw together this brooder for my pheasant chicks jiiist because i've been so sick that i didn't want to go out to the garage and git the proper supplies to make a real one.

[​IMG]
    About 15 minutes ago i was fussin with my one o'my snakes next to the brooder and i ran into the brooder causing the light and the boards it is sittin on to fall into the box. One of the 2x4's fell in and smashed one o' my day old chicks [​IMG] [​IMG]
    There used to be four o' those pretty little striped ringneck chicks in there. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I can't believe i did something sooo STUPID [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    awww, that is sad.....I dropped the light on my day old chickies, luckily it missed.....I had no excuse, I was just clumsy....sorry to hear that!!!!

3. JordanFamily

JordanFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    Well my eight year old moved the light closer when I was gone from the house and I came home to 5 out of 19 chicks that were dead and had to work on the remaining onse all night to pull them through. I have learned to use zip ties and secure the lamp to something over head because you never know what may happen when you turn your back....So Sorry for your loss... But Look you have several more little onse to cheer you up! Cuddle with them it helps! [​IMG]

4. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    :aww
    i can feel with you. I wasworking in the yard yesterday and thought i found a leftover eastercandy egg on the ground and threw it to the side. turns out it was a robins eggs [​IMG]

5. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Quote:so sad....my cat has dropped the light in there on a BR's leg...thought it was dead for sure but somehow it was fine the next day [​IMG]
    darn stinkin cat! :mad:

u should clipp the light to something outside the brooder like put a coffee table or something next to it ok? thats what i did and i have had no more probleams

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2008
  6. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Quote:lol thats funny but also sad [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    Things like that happen so you lost a chick --

We all have that moment we'd like to take back

8. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    You're not alone in this. Yesterday I was building a new brooder for my Cornish X so they could have more room and knocked the hatchet off the wall (hanging on two nails on the barn wall) into the brooder. Luckily no chicks were in that spot where it landed but talk about scary, I had a second where I could have caught it but decided to just let it go and hope for the best. I didn't mean for them to meet up with the hatchet just yet. It now resides on a shelf safely.

We are all just clumsy humans...don't beat yourself up over it. I am sorry about the loss of your pretty little chick though.

9. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    [​IMG] so sorry! We all have little mistakes here and there so think about it like this was your one and maybe you won't have anymore like this. Take Care!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by