Don't know if I will sleep tonight...

MarlaMac

Songster
Aug 14, 2022
Central Texas
1st time Chickens are sleeping with the man door open. Hubby built a screen door to help with the hot Texas nights. I know nothing can get in unless something rips the 1/4 inch hardware cloth off - but other areas are covered just like this with no issues.

Just something different - for them and for me.

Attachments

• 1325783044326587622.jpg
    1325783044326587622.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 146
Good idea, but I don't see that the hardware cloth is secured well enough to the framing. Our hardware cloth is stapled to the framing, and then wood strips are screwed in over the top to the framing also. In fact, the lower 4' of the hardware cloth has 2"x 4" woven wire over the hardware cloth, to keep big dogs out.
Paranoia pays off!
Mary

Good idea, but I don't see that the hardware cloth is secured well enough to the framing. Our hardware cloth is stapled to the framing, and then wood strips are screwed in over the top to the framing also. In fact, the lower 4' of the hardware cloth has 2"x 4" woven wire over the hardware cloth, to keep big dogs out.
Paranoia pays off!
Mary
Yeah, I thought that too. This is how all my other hardware cloth is secured. Will be asking hubby to do this in the next couple of days.

I do have a thousand 1/2 staples in it for now.

Thanks.

I used a bunch of regular staples to hold the hardware cloth in place, and then I used some of these to reinforce everything. If you nail them in over where the wire crosses, you get the strength of two of the hardware cloth strands, as well as the crown staple.

Screenshot_20230727-093739_Chrome.jpg

Hillman 3/4-in Leg x 3/16-in Round Crown Gray 14-Gauge Standard Staples​

Item #58239 |Model #532698

I used a bunch of regular staples to hold the hardware cloth in place, and then I used some of these to reinforce everything. If you nail them in over where the wire crosses, you get the strength of two of the hardware cloth strands, as well as the crown staple.

View attachment 3590549

Hillman 3/4-in Leg x 3/16-in Round Crown Gray 14-Gauge Standard Staples​

Item #58239 |Model #532698
If you nail them in over where the wire crosses

What does this mean @A Justice ?

Back
Top Bottom