Don't know what breed or gender you have? Click here!

Hello,
sHe isn't a week or twoa Buff Brahma / Delaware / Dorking! Well, I still think it is a bit young to tell...

But I think both Maggie and his/her sibling have pea combs. I can just see that different shape that I think is a pea comb. That bumpy comb makes me wonder! :)

~K
Im thinking cockerel for some reason but just to be sure post back In a week or te o to be sure ;)

Hello,

Se is a Buff Brahma / Delaware / Dorking! Well, I still think it is a bit young to tell...

But I think both Maggie and his/her sibling have pea combs. I can just see that different shape that I think is a pea comb. That bumpy comb makes me wonder! :)

~K
Pics of the parents? Might be some sexlink possibilities, depending on what the parents look like.

We have these barred rock chicks. They are about 8-10 weeks old, they are not exactly the same age. We had six, three died, 5 were supposed to be pullets and 1 a cockerel. I don't know how to tell which sexes we have left. These are the best picture I have right now, I'm thinking the biggest is a rooster, he seems to be a bit lighter than the other two. In the pics, the first picture it's the one on the left and the second picture is the same one just by itself.

Attachments

• IMG_2074.JPG
    IMG_2074.JPG
    644.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2078.JPG
    IMG_2078.JPG
    696.2 KB · Views: 8
all girls. you're lucky!
(Your'e right that one hen is not an araucana, it's an easter egger as i can see based on her pretty colors. Reminds me of one of my hens!)
Thank you!! What exactly are Easter Eggers? I'm sorry, I'm just trying to learn as much as possible. I always thought chickens were chickens. Now that we have some WOW there's a lot of different breeds. It's a whole new world.

We have these barred rock chicks. They are about 8-10 weeks old, they are not exactly the same age. We had six, three died, 5 were supposed to be pullets and 1 a cockerel. I don't know how to tell which sexes we have left. These are the best picture I have right now, I'm thinking the biggest is a rooster, he seems to be a bit lighter than the other two. In the pics, the first picture it's the one on the left and the second picture is the same one just by itself.
Definitely a cockerel.

Thank you!! What exactly are Easter Eggers? I'm sorry, I'm just trying to learn as much as possible. I always thought chickens were chickens. Now that we have some WOW there's a lot of different breeds. It's a whole new world.
Easter Eggers are what hatcheries have been breeding since the early 1900s, long before there was a breed standard for the Araucana and the Ameraucana breeds. Many, incorrectly, think that they are Ameraucana mixes. The reality is that they simply haven't been selectively bred to meet a particular breed standard. They are as close to the originally imported landrace that you can get these days.

Hello,

I think this is going to be my first time asking for help...
So, I have to chicks. Both about three weeks and four days old.

And this isn't overly important because I like mysteries so I don't mind if she's too young to tell. :D Here is a photo of Lil' Maggie. Maggie stands like a rooster.

She might be too young to tell though.
What gender does Maggie look? Thanks!

View attachment 1091789

~K

Great thread Leah!
Thanks so much K!!:hugsI'm probably gonna go with rooster, is she/he's tail not developing like the others?

Back
Top Bottom