Don't know what breed or gender you have? Click here!

These are a little young. I wouldn't be surprised if the EE is a cockerel, though.

Too young.

It did, sorry about that. :) You're correct, that is a cockerel.

Thank you for answers. I will try again later. the EE is hopping on mom's back and digging in. mom gets mad too. and it is growing so much faster than the other two.

First is a pullet. Second probably male, but need a side pic. Third pic, front male and possibly pullet in the background.

Please post pics when fully feathered.

I'm definitely not a silkie expert, so afraid I won't be able to help too much. One and four could be male, but really not sure. Sorry!

This looks like a CM.
How can you tell? Is it because of the legs? Sorry if I'm being obnoxious; I'm just trying to learn

IMG_0333.JPG
IMG_0331.JPG
Hello, we're new chicken owners. Thanks in advance for your help. Our chicks arrived May 10th.

In the first photo, the chick on the left is the smallest of 16 chicks, I named it Baby. Small, feathering out last, no tail yet. Great appetite, does that "chest bump" thing with other chicks. He also walks around the brooder with his neck extended, looking through the wire, like he's on the lookout for danger. My DH and I think that he is the rooster we asked for in our order, but would like an expert's opinion! :D

Second photo shows feet. We *ordered* buff and white Orpingtons. The white chicks are huge compared to the buffs. The whites also have bluish grey feet. The buffs have obviously yellow feet. My understanding is that Orpingtons have white feet. "I'm so confused!" :rolleyes:

Would you educate me, please, and shed some light on what we have, here? Thanks again.

How can you tell? Is it because of the legs? Sorry if I'm being obnoxious; I'm just trying to learn

Don't be sorry, it's not obnoxious at all! I'm happy to help. No, though cockerels do tend to have thicker legs than pullets.

With the first, I say pullet because of the small, pale comb and wattles combined with the feathering and hen like body. With the second, I say male because of the dark red leakage coming in on his wings and the red comb. With the third, I said front cockerel because he has a very large, red comb and wattles and dark red leaking through on his wings. Can't tell with the chicken behind him, though I think it's likely a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom