Don't know what to do

I would keep them in until they quit, or the end of day 25. You counted the day you set them as day 0 right?

Check them tomorrow afternoon, by candling. If alive - pop them back in the bator. If no movement, water candle. If no movement, then you have to decide whether to shut off the incubator and walk away, or slowly open the air cell of one to see what is going on.

It's a tough call at that point.
if I was to slowly open the air cell, would that kill the chick if its alive? and what would I be looking for exactly

The incubator is set to as high as it can go, that is why we covered it with blankets, to get the temp higher. What can I do? If anything??

Are you sure you can't change it with settings? In one of your recent photos it shows 37.2 which seems low for a max temp setting. I've seen people post about incubators that look the same as yours and they seem to operate the same as mine.

There are two settings that might help;

I can set a minimum and maximum temperature setting, this gives a range you can change the temperatures in so you don't accidentally set it outside a certain range - yours could be set to a maximum of 37.2.
A temperature correct setting can also be changed allowing you to calibrate the incubators thermometer to a more accurate one while still displaying the correct temp.

On my incubators I hold the set button for 3-5 seconds to bring up the menu and then use the "+" and "-" to navigate the menu to the setting I want to change. Once I get to the one I want to change I press "set" before using the "+" and "-" to alter the setting and finally the "set" button to lock in the change.

I don't have the instructions with me and can't remember all the menu items as they are two letter codes that don't seem logical. "CA" is the temperature correct (from memory) and can be set between -5.0 and 5.0, setting this to -1.0 would increase the temperature by one degree while still displaying 37.2, conversely setting it to 1.0 would lower the temp by 1 degree while still displaying 37.2

"LS" and "HS" might be the lowest temp and highest temp you can set - I would need to check this to confirm.

Hopefully yours is similar and some of it helps with getting the temp right in the future. I am very new to all this incubating stuff, I have been trying to get the settings right on my incubator and was reading the instructions before work as my eggs arrived today!

Good luck and hopefully you can share some pics soon!

update

all dead, I guess I will take into account all of the very helpful information you all have given me and I will try again.

1 brown chick had a broken yolk and everything was stained yellow
1 brown chick had 3/4 absorbed the yolk
1 yellow chick 1/2 absorbed the yolk
1 yellow chick 3/4 absorbed the yolk
1 yellow chick { broken shell } didn't absorb at all

what caused this to happen so I will know better for next time???
thanks everyone greatly appreciate all the help

So sorry to hear that, and good for you to eggtopsy and see what was happening inside the shells. Not everyone is strong enough to do it.

Eggs need to be at least 99.5 degrees for 21 days to have a healthy hatch. I think your temps were too low for too long for the chicks to finish developing.

Hodor gave you some good tips on the incubator above. Play with it until you can get it to hold a good, steady temperature. If you can't, I'm sorry to say you may have the same results again.

I'm so sorry to hear about your chicks too.
hugs.gif
I'm "sort of" new to incubating and didn't have anything to contribute, but I was hoping for the best.

update

all dead, I guess I will take into account all of the very helpful information you all have given me and I will try again.

1 brown chick had a broken yolk and everything was stained yellow
1 brown chick had 3/4 absorbed the yolk
1 yellow chick 1/2 absorbed the yolk
1 yellow chick 3/4 absorbed the yolk
1 yellow chick { broken shell } didn't absorb at all

what caused this to happen so I will know better for next time???
thanks everyone greatly appreciate all the help

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom