DON'T POKE THE BEAR

Jan 20, 2023
Something I know from observation and my own experience, Birds react to color. I don't wear any hi-viz loud or multi colored clothes, never did anyway, around roosters. Not always of course, but more times than not it will invite an aggressive behavior from a roo or at least get his attention. Try it for yourself. My wife had her ski jacket on and a roo ran from 50 yrds to challenge her.

I wear any colors I choose out there! Including all red scrubs, different boots, whatever. Our birds know it's me regardless. When this rooster was closer, he knew exactly who it was anyway.
It's about making excuses, not about the colors worn.
Mary
As with all things in life there is always the odd ball, I had a RIR Roo who bushwhacked my work shoes when I came through the gate after getting home from work, guess he just didn't like brown work shoes. It became a game between us where I would bob and weave my foot and he would whack it, he never showed any aggression towards anything or anyone else. He was my all time favorite Rooster. I don't make excuses for bad roosters, I kill them!

Something I know from observation and my own experience, Birds react to color. I don't wear any hi-viz loud or multi colored clothes, never did anyway, around roosters. Not always of course, but more times than not it will invite an aggressive behavior from a roo or at least get his attention. Try it for yourself. My wife had her ski jacket on and a roo ran from 50 yrds to challenge her.
I honestly didn't hear about that. I have a few bright colored clothes but I wear those to town. The rest are for barn and are rather bland.

I agree with @Folly's place , I've worn every single clothing item I can think of, and every color as well (ok maybe not an expensive suit) when visiting the coop. Even the males I had that were aggressive did not change their behavior. They did not become more or less aggressive. They remained the same. So do my friendly birds, they act the same way. They alwaalways know it's me

Maybe I should get a rainbow striped shirt and put multi colored glitter on it and see if I can stir up some mischief in the coop. Not say a word, just make my rounds with a new cap on so they don't here my voice or recognize my face. It would be interesting to see if the girls do there regular pity me I need treats song and I do my routine.

Back
Top Bottom