Don't sick and/or get accident if you don't have money

Status
Not open for further replies.
that one I didn't get it. Social Security.. it seems to be very important in America, I often heard that being talked in lots of conversation in movie, one did I still remember is when Mrs. Smith (A.J.) ask Mr. Smith (B.P.) about "his ex wife" social security number. I just didn't get it. Is it possible to track people according to his/her SSN.
hu.gif
what magic thing is SSN.
hu.gif
single identity?

It seems like I need to apply "immigration visa" to live in UK (perhaps change nationality) to get better and 'free' healthcare.
thumbsup.gif

If only I'm politician here, I'll bring healthcare issue to take most of voters to choose me in 'general election' (perhaps, mulia24 for president..
lau.gif
) thing I'm gonna get elected..
wee.gif
but I can't you need to be very rich to become president here, all that apply here is money and money..
he.gif

Food, Healthcare, Education... we do need it..
barnie.gif

SSN is just your policy number. A way to keep up with you in the SS system. It has become the way we are kept up with everywhere involving money an credit though. To many people with the same names.

Social Security its self is just insurance. You pay in every week an when you retire it is your retirement. If you get disabled it keeps you a paycheck for the rest of your life. If you have a disabled child it pays them a paycheck for life. If you die with kids still under 18 it gives money to help raise them till they turn 18.

I feel bad when people are kinda in that limbo area -- where it's too expensive to buy health insurance for themselves and yet they don't qualify for Medicaid programs.

I have insurance that allows me two doctors visits a year for a $15.00 copay any other visits within that premium year run about $65.00 because of the agreement between the doctor's office and my insurance company. If you are unisured it would cost you $100.00. Thankfully, my insurance does cover an annual physical exam in full, too.

I just went to the doctor about a month ago for a bladder infection. Because I have only been for a visit once this year, my cost is $15.00 ($65.00 if over two visits a year). If I did not have insurance, the amount owed would have been $135.00 (the extra $35.00 is for the urinalysis). I have heard that if you don't have any insurance, see if you can pay cash before leaving the appointment for a reduced rate similar to what is paid or negotiated by the insurance companies.

I may be misunderstanding you Chickened but UK certainly does not run Canada. Canada is a soveriegn nation with her own parliament and rightly proud of her independence. neither would i agree that Canada's economy is dependent on her neighbours.

I don't understand your reference to WW2 or it's relevance to healthcare. I don't believe that people any where in the world, and we all know that we are going through tough economic times, chooses to be poor. The poverty that I have seen in US has been around some of the richest areas, for example Miami and Los Angeles. They might be glamourous areas but go outside the towns and you will find whole communities living on the edge of society. I have spoken to people who told me that if they didn't catch fish, they wouldn't eat that day. They also had to suffer the indignity of being chased away from richer areas, like lepers.

Travelling across the mid west, I have seen some of the poorest and most isolated settlements, even barefoot children. What life chances do these youngsters have? Their educational opportunities are limited by geography, and their lives defined by the poverty that has enslaved their parents and probably grandparents. It is disingenuous to say I should look at the poverty in central America. That is like saying 'I'm fat but he's fatter!'

The healthcare system in UK is not of course perfect. There is always room for improvement, and many countries around the world have different models of a National Health Service which provide their citizens with excellent services.

Your bank manager from South Wales perhaps didn't tell you that it is one of the most deprived areas of UK. It has a national assembly, with a budget, and they choose to spend money on free prescriptions for everybody in Wales. People however, in England, do not get free prescriptions, but guess what; nobody riots in the streets because they are paying for a service that is free in Wales. If you want to understand why, I will tell you. Wales is geographically remote. It's old industries of coal mining and engineering has gone, along with the skill base that supported it. It has found it hard to encourage investment by new technology businesses, despite many regeneration schemes. Could all the people of South Wales leave and come to US, or get jobs in the City of London? Of course not! Do they deserve a break? Of course they do!

Quote:

You know Chicken. If nothing else you're an excellent example of the stereotypical Ugly American. I know you don't care because America is the only exceptional country in the whole wide world, but please stop using the word we when talking about fellow Americans. It implies that the majority of Americans think as you do. That's a really scary thought and we should allow people to sleep at night. Fortunately that kind of thinking only applies to a small minority of Americans. I like the way you use a bankster for an example. No bias there.

By the way Chicken. Where are you getting that crud about the poor wanting to be poor? That's trues for a very small number of people. I'm happy that most people are a little more enlightened than that.
rant.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Unfortunately you have to have a lot of money to be anything more than a very low level politician here too. That is why the political system doesn't really do what the people want. Instead the people with the money get laws passed to favor them. It's a legal form of corruption.
sad.png

Quote:
Unfortunately you have to have a lot of money to be anything more than a very low level politician here too. That is why the political system doesn't really do what the people want. Instead the people with the money get laws passed to favor them. It's a legal form of corruption.
sad.png

But we did vote them in. Now them saying they are going to do things and then acting completely different once elected is beyond our control.

Quote:
He did have a radical preacher that preached some hateful things about some factions of our society. Maybe if you lived in the shoes of the people that he preached to you might have a better understanding. Where you get sissy from I sure don't know. He's got bigger golf balls than any POTUS since Reagan. He is getting a good education. Just like every POTUS that has ever served. By the time he steps down in 2016 he'll be very educated and completely grey. POTUS is a tough job. Might be why every single one comes out looking about 15 years older, except Reagan. He looked like a fossil when he started. No he is not a super hero. A lot of people don't understand that the POTUS can only try to influence the Congress and veto anything he doesn't like unless it has enough votes to be veto proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom