Don't thow the egg ou without doing this!

Well now I think I have tossed a few that I should not have, but this is guy is doing great! The vet told me give them 23-24 days...He raises Silkies....

I learned not to toss too soon from my sister's mistake. She tossed out 6 eggs on day 25 and one was alive and kicking! Today is day 23 for the rest of our eggs and I'm not holding out much hope but maybe I should go shake them!

I always open the eggs starting at the air cell before tossing them. What if you didn't hear it peep and you threw it out anyways? I just could never forgive myself it that happened.

which end then? small or large and can you kill them if you do that? should i even intervene? it's day 23.....

I tap on the shell instead of shaking, usually it takes about 1 or 2 taps but the tapping is loud to them when they are inside an egg and I believe it scares them or at least makes them jump. While I'm tapping I have my ear as close to the egg as possible listening in for the peep... And yes you could kill the chick by cracking them but it's usually the larger end of the egg...

Last edited:
I'm no a expert by any means, bu I would wait another 20 hours or so then take the egg out and just shake it up and down a couple of times and listen or put your ear up to it and then put it right back in....I'm not a expert, but I was very happy with my results!

Good advise! I wait and shake now,.. but I wonder if I threw out any babies when I first started,...

So glad for you and your chick!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom