Don't Wait! Start Extra Today. 4th Month Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I can get an appointment for next month.
I just used their online price calculator just to see what it would cost and for me it says it will be $110.
For the mini it says it would be 80.

https://www.usps.com/international/passports.htm

I'm not in a hurry so I think October would be ok but we also don't really need them for anything just yet.
Well heck, obviously things changed since the last time I looked!

It's an old wives tale here in Ohio. The more black the whoolly bear is, the worse the winter will be
It's very accurate, I watch them closely. We had that arctic event early this year and they were solid black last fall, saw another solid black one on the chicken coop when I locked up the other day. We still haven't repaired all the damage from the last storm, I REALLY hope it's not as bad this time. The three years previous they had a huge brown band and we hardly had a winter at all, it was like an extended spring and my banana trees fruited for the first time ever!

I don't have a passport.
I've only been to Mexico and that was before passports were required. I wonder if I should go ahead and get a passport...just to have.

Do you all have passports?
We looked into it earlier this year for DS1….a job he applied for required it but he didn’t get the job so we dropped it

Oohhhh.... I see what you're talking about now.

So it takes probably about a year to get one.
What a joke.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/passport-covid-19.htmlView attachment 2841940
Maybe, I'm missing something, but I read that as 18 weeks total, with 6 weeks being allotted for USPS transit time both ways. If the mail system is operating normally for other stuff, you can estimate transit time better yourself. Here, most websites warn of delays that don't actually exist, although I can see demand for passports being higher than usual.

It's very accurate, I watch them closely. We had that arctic event early this year and they were solid black last fall, saw another solid black one on the chicken coop when I locked up the other day. We still haven't repaired all the damage from the last storm, I REALLY hope it's not as bad this time. The three years previous they had a huge brown band and we hardly had a winter at all, it was like an extended spring and my banana trees fruited for the first time ever!
Still unknown how accurate for us that actually have winters though. At least, unknown for me but I think I might be in denial, I hate winter. I'll take snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, every other time it could be 75. The sun sets earlier, it's just dark and gloomy a lot. No leaves on the trees, no pretty flowers in the ground. It even snowed in May the last couple years, winter just lasts way too long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom