Don't Wait! Start Extra Today. 4th Month Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I do walk a lot. I don't feel like that accomplishes much though. The property is long (really, really long) if I walked the length of it I'd be doing myself loads of good. Maybe I'll start doing that in the mornings on top of my usual extra.
What if you walked and did intermittent squats during your walk. That will also add up.

So is it everything you wanted in your move? Hope you are settling in
Not settled yet. Here's a brief update. It was two weeks ago today that we arrived. So far we've been very low key. We are starting to make some contacts (there is a stunning number of Canadians here), but we haven't been rushing at anything. Folks we had lunch with today have been here 4 months, and said they are just starting to feel settled. Our current living arrangement is small, hot, and dark, so we are looking at another place on Saturday. Hopefully that will contribute to more of a homey feel, right now our place feels more like a resort room. Our barrels haven't arrived yet, so we only have the contents of our suitcases, they should arrive in the next couple of weeks. We have connected with an English speaking church with a pastor originally from Missouri, so far it seems like a nice group. We went into Cabarete today to check it out. Beautiful beach, but a very busy, noisy town. The community we are in is super tranquil in comparison. Tomorrow we plan to take a guagua into Sosua to do some shopping. Sooner or later we'll tackle buying a car, then driving. 😲 We are so thankful for the people we've met and their willingness to help and share experiences and info, they've been a huge help! I think that's it for now, I took a break writing this to go for a swim at the beach and now we're heading to "Crazy Ranch" for dinner! 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom