Don't you hate it when....

My hubby is a nit-picky-neat-freak
And while im not especially messy, anything messy around here is probably mine, since the kids are grown and gone I cant blame it on them anymore.
I hate that!!

I hate it when people use cell phones in a public restroom. People, no one wants to hear you tinkle, and no phone call is important enough to take to the bathroom.

People who drive 10-15 miles below the speed limit while talking on the phone, then hang up, tailgate, and pass within inches of your bumper because suddenly you are going to slow.

People who speed in school zone

People who don't move over for ambulances, police cars and funeral cortages (sp)

Kids who almost put something away....drop it 2 feet from where it belongs.

I wanted to apologize if i came on a little strong. Let me explain a little further where i'm coming from.
I have three kids a six year old daughter, a son5 -he is disabled and is a the mental stage of a three year old and a 2 year old that is advanced for her age and is at the same level as her brother. If we go somewhere shopping people dont see Sebastian as a disabled child because his appearance is normal. They just see a big kid act out. If somebody complains because he got in their way, i always have to explain why he acts the way he does. I wish people would realize that just because a kid looks normal it doesnt mean that everything is alright with them. Next time you see a kid throwing a fit , think that this kid could have a disability that makes him act that way.
about the baby horse, girl horse thing..
sometimes we have to "dumb"down our conversations for people to understand . Sure we know what to call a female horse, but what about those city folks and kids that never saw one. You have to go down to their level. I mean i can talk about my husbands job with other recuiter wifes and we throw in so many military language that you just stand there and dont understand ditiliy-squad.
If i want civilans to understand i have to talk in a way they understand.
asbout the mule, how about we call it a multi terrain utility vehicle?
Again, i am sorry..

Quote:
lau.gif
me too

Quote:
And then they turn on the next road....WHY THE HECK DIDN'T THEY WAIT!!!!!

I get road rage....I hate to follow people.
I hate it when the fast lane becomes the slow lane and the slow lane becomes the slower lane...... :thun

Quote:
I'm sorry too! I didn't exactly mean small children. I do take care of a young boy (2) and he rides with me and I explain every term I know...(even though he is a slow-developer and has a very small vocabulary). I mean when adults say "oh, a boy horsie!" I know lots of people don't know but it still bothers me.

As for the thing about young children in stores, when the parents seem to actually care, sure I dont mind. But when the parent is on the cell phone holding their three year old by the arm and its screaming and they are yelling over the screaming "want some chocolate? do you want candy? if you be nice to mommy i will buy you a toy!" my neighbors two year old hits her!

multi terrain utility vehicle?
LOVE IT!

I am sorry if things came across wrong! All good????
cool.png

Quote:
OH MY GOODNESS I AM NOT ALONE!!!!!!
My hubby is not a recuiter, but he is military...Been in 18+ years now. He is active (awaiting his second deployment). He was a truck driver in his civilian job. Anyway.....I know exactly what you mean. I constantly have to remember that not everyone is going to know the military lingo....

I hate it when Jason was deployed and people would ask simple questions....Like... "Are you ok???" or make comments like ....."I don't know how you do it".... I know they mean well....It just gets to a point where...--No I wasn't ok, or No I can't do this--.... It's hard.
Please don't be upset by this anyone. I know it was all meant in meaningful caring concern from others...It just got to be stressful and I think that this post is actually one of the first times I have voiced (so to speak) about it....

I better stop now because I think I could go on awhole rant and rave about the military..(Not 'about' the military. more so about things like you posted earlier and what not...)

ok I need to stop my complaining...

Next person.....

Shawna

I hate it when people use cell phones in a public restroom. People, no one wants to hear you tinkle, and no phone call is important enough to take to the bathroom.

lau.gif
That's how cell phones end up in the toilet..
People who speed in school zone

Crossing guards should be able to have rocket launchers...I've had people honk at me for stopping for the crossing kids!
People who don't move over for ambulances, police cars and funeral cortages (sp)

Another use for a rocket launcher...not only is is rude, it's illegal! At least in MA.
One of my humungous pet peeves is parking in the fire lane...so this just warmed the cockles of my heart immensely.
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/15831705/detail.html
Two Xmases ago, they were redoing the parking lot at my work. So there weren't many places to park. So some old guy parks in front of the store. He gets a ticket. He comes roaring back in a couple of weeks later because he thinks that WE should pay his ticket because he had nowhere else to park and his wife couldn't walk far...I don't see why he couldn't stop, kick the old broad out, then go park, come back and shop with her...but he thought he was entitled to park in the fire lane...and there was no placard or plate saying that he could have a HP space either...I checked out the car...
By the time the old guy left, we were all up the front trying not to bust a gut! The nerve!

And we saw an ijit get a warning for parking in the firelane just last night. His yuppiemobile was parked right in front of the water place, so DH had to go around him. Then the guy way hogging all the spouts, so he had to wait...Finally the guy finishes getting his water, puts it in the car, locks the car and goes to the LIQUOR STORE!!! We were shocked...then a plainclothes cop that was sitting in HIS car parks behind Mr. Entitled Yuppie and is waiting for him to emerge from the packie...We didn't get to see the final ending, but it felt GOOD!​

I hate it when I have to deal with the government. They send you a letter requesting info, give you a number to call if you have any questions, and of course never send you all the paperwork they want from you requiring you to call the number they gave you. When you call said number you get a recording letting you know "all representatives are busy and try back later "CLICK"" or you get put on hold for an hour before you get that recording
somad.gif
Anyone else tried calling Social Security lately????

I hate dealing with cashiers that can't count change ie bill of $1.06 I give her $1.11 because I don't have enough pennies or a nickel to make the $.06 exactly and I don't want four pennies back as change I want a nickel and she gets confused over the penny. Or when they give you back too much change and want to argue with you when you try to tell them they gave you too much. Or when they try to short change you on purpose, you catch them, and then they get really nasty with you because you caught them :thun

I hate it when I have to deal with doctors billing personnel and have to explain to them over and over again that If they bill medicare first, then my secondary insurance will cover what medicare doesn't, including the yearly medicare deductible, minus my $10 co pay that they are supposed to collect at each appointment - but usually refuse when I offer.
th.gif

I hate it when I am around parents that are oblivious to what their young child is doing, or destroying. I really hate it when the parents let their young uns crawl on the floor in a public restroom, peeking under the doors and walls.

I hate when people park in handicap parking when they don't have a handicap tag.

I hate it when I go to the grocery store and am having trouble walking, to find all the scooters are in use and see that they are being used for joyriding, usually by teens or younger.

I hate it when I start sounding like my mother, the grouchy old neighbor down the road...

I hate that there are soo many things that we all can post on here about other peoples actions because there are so many uncourteous, uncaring, selfish people out there.

I hate that I can include myself as one of "those" people every now and then and am not as courteous and caring as I could have been.

I hate it that decent people can't make it in government. It seems only the corrupt can.

I hate when people move to the area and start complaining "that's not how we do it in (insert name of you favorite northern state here)" Although I do love it when they hit their first winter here and realize that it does get cold in Florida, and have gotten rid of all their winter clothes because they were moving to Florida
lau.gif
and you can't get really warm clothes down here either
lau.gif
not to mention it will feel like 30 in the morning and 80 in the afternoon, or it will be in the 80's one day and in the 40's the next then back to 80's the next.

I hate that there are so many things I hate, and that this was probably good therapy.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom