Dorkings...does anyone have them?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by CTChickenMom, Jan 6, 2009.

1. CTChickenMom

CTChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    SE Connecticut
    I'm looking for 3 or 4 dorking pullets. Does anyone plan on having a few they'd be willing to part with. They would have a good home in Upstate NY and SE CT. Hard to find a place willing to sell less than 2 1/2 dozen.

Sara in CT

2. chiknlady

chiknlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    SE PA
    Try checking with the Society for the Preservation of Poultry Antiquities...because the Dorkings are old and rare--there are some breeders who may be able to help you out or at least direct you to someone who may have chicks/eggs in the spring

3. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Blackdiamondguestranch.com - She has dorkings, she only sells eggs. Live bird shipping where she lives is just too prohibitive but many people who have gotten her eggs are delighted.

4. swampyankee

swampyankee Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2008
    Bozrah CT
    I am planning a spring chick order and I know Murray McMurray hatchery will sell baby dorking pullets at 4.60 apiece and you can get as few as you want, as long as your total order is 25 chicks. Now if you want to go in on this with me I live in SE CT and would be happy to include you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by