dos and don'ts for goose egg incubation

stabley1991

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 6, 2009
Hull
I have lots of goose eggs because my geese that i incubated last year are laying. I know the hatch rate isn't great but i wondered what you should and shouldn't do when incubating them as im not that sure.
hu.gif

any advice would be great
smile.png

not all birds go broody. it is a hormonal thing. there is no 'making' them brood.

do not post a separate thread for this same topic in another area. that would be considered spamming by the mods.

Miss Prissy gave me this info for incubating goose eggs:

Temp- 99.5
Humidity 65% until Day 25
Humidity 85% Day 26 - Hatch

Days 1 - 4 only touch to turn three times each day.
Days 5 - 25 remove eggs to cool for 15 minutes then mist with warm water and replace in bator. turn three times each day.
Days 26 - Hatch mist until they pip into air cell. no turning.

hope this is helpful. so far it's working well with my eggs in the bator right now.
smile.png

Quote:
I didnt realise there was a different area when i posted it =/. Is there a way to move the whole thread?
Quote:
They've laid lots of eggs but they are only sitting on the nest at night and leaving it in the day,

I have a few in the incubator at the min I think there's only going to 5 that might hatch.

I dont have anything to measure the humidity with but i have the incubator set up at 37.2*C and theres water in with them.

Last edited:
Quote:
5 is a good hatch!!!! they are not the easiest apparently. how many total did you set?

your post is fine where it is and if you feel it's not in the right area, just ask a Mod to move it if they have a good suggestion as to where.
smile.png

Well my mum and dad bought 4 from an auction and i put in 8 of the eggs from my geese. I think theres 1 from the auction ones and 4 from mine.

I got 3 last year so hopefully if all the ones i think might hatch from this year hatch, its an inmprovement.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom