Dosage for Duramycin/Tetracycline??

Okay... had a thought about it. The stronger dose is 1 tablespoon/gallon, there are 3 teaspoons in a tablespoon and 8 pints in a gallon, right? So the amount you need to make one pint is 3 teaspoons divided by 8 pints = .375 teaspoons per pint. A slightly rounded 1/3 teaspoon is what you need to make one pint at the stronger dose.

-Kathy

I want to make just a pint for a single hen. I come up with needing .047 tsp per pint. Anyone have a good way to measure that small an amount. I have a scale that will measure kg but I am not sure I can convert tsp to kg.
Many hens would drink closer to a quart in a day, and that would be just less than teaspoonful. I would probably just round it off to a teaspoonful, and not worry about it.

tetracycline hydrochloride can be used on poultry in the same dose as the other brand.....it does the same thing...i just got off the phone with a vet that is out of mn and oh and he said to stock up with these because within three years your going to need a vet to prescribe you these kinds of preventative...his way of saying the government wants to know even more about you and what your doing...quote...any other questions just pm me i can just call his cell....have a good day

Thank you for providing the company PDF file! Their website does have the conversion.

1/2 Tbls (1 oz) = 400mg per gallon
1 Tbls (2 oz) = 800mg per gallon

Change water everyday
Throw out the eggs for 14 days
Don't slaughter chickens for 4 days.

Thank you for providing the company PDF file! Their website does have the conversion.

1/2 Tbls (1 oz) = 400mg per gallon
1 Tbls (2 oz) = 800mg per gallon

Change water everyday
Throw out the eggs for 14 days
Don't slaughter chickens for 4 days.
Treatment period is 7-14 days. The egg withdrawal period for duramycin/tetracycline is 21 days. Slaughter withdrawal period is 4 days as you mentioned.

I'm dredging this thread up-
I just started my hen on tetra, and would like to add her back to the flock when she's feeling better. Has anyone tried mixing a single 400mg dose into a more concentrated amount (20-50ml) to feed to a hen 1-3 times per day, instead of mixing it in the general water supply?

Back
Top Bottom