Dosage for Duramycin/Tetracycline??

My 7 week old silkie is repeatedly shaking her head but Im wondering if it might have something going on with its ears? Other thank her head shaking she eats, drinks, and has lots of engery.
Here is a video of her head shaking Please Help

Golly. Wish I'd found kande50's post on this thread last summer. After lots of research, I ended up doing the exact same thing and came up with the same result - 1/4 teaspoon tetracycline hydrochloride powder per pint of water. My injured chicken did just fine on that ratio and fought off infection to make a full recovery. Thanks for the info!

Good grief spell check! They gave me the one in the second picture!
that will work, though the dose in that picture is incorrect. If you're going to use it, open it and measure out how many tablespoons there are and I'll tell you what the dose is. I've already called them and told them that I found dosing errors in both products and they said they'll look into it.

-Kathy

So very confusing for the average small flock owner. I can't locate any decent amount of tetracycline locally (only big amounts for the larger farmers) but can locate packets of water soluble for fish. So I'm going to try that and hope I can figure this mess out...getting a headache already! lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom