Dosage for Ivermectin?

Quote:
gig.gif
lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Sorry, just noticed her signature and had to laugh!!!
~Rebecca

I used 0.2 mg/kg of 1% Ivomec. I got the dose from a zoo Veterinarian. I diluted it first to 0.1 % (1 mg/ml). I had to use it because two of my birds have scaly leg mites. I gave it also for two chicks who are 9-10 weeks old. I think it worked (?).

Kanat

I gave it orally.

I am thinking of re-dosing again in 10 days. Should I? I am just losing so many eggs (the hens that were not affected at all by mites are still laying eggs well).

Kanat

Kanat,
I am also in NC and having quite a battle with Northern Fowl Mites. We had red mites as well but built a new chicken house and burned the old one (take that!).
NFM is much better now, as I have dosed all chickens with 1% ivermectin at least once. But I'm still worried because I have chicks just hatched out (and more hatching in another week).
What has been your experience? I note your post was from 2008. Are the mites under control? Do you have anything to add to this thread? re dosage, frequency, topical or in waterer, use on chicks?
Thanks in advance.

I have a gapeworm problem. A lot of slugs getting in coop. Lost 3 hens and 1 turkey. Still have 3 hens and one turkey left. I got injectabke ivermectin. Everyone says that ive read) mixes it with water. But to be sure id rather jyst inject i. Does anyone knowcwhere to inject it on a turkey or hens. These are pullets. Born in may

I don't think Ivermectin treats gapes, but you could try. According to an abstract I read, fenbendazole at 20mg/kg three days in a row is effective against gapes.

Are you sure they don't have a respiratory infection?

-Kathy

Thats what I thought. The first pullet that showed signs she had one eye closed stopped eating lost weight gaping shaking her head ruffled feathers and slept all day

This turkey showed diffrent signs fine one day, the next ruffled feathers ,slept, lose of appetite third day went out to coop DEAD

Back
Top Bottom