dosage of Clorox in water for candida

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by shellybean40, Nov 8, 2010.

1. shellybean40

shellybean40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Boerne, TX
    I keep searching and I need to know what amount of bleach for a 1 gallon waterer to treat candida. I had to put down one of my sweet hens, she had chronic diarrhea, and vent gleet, and prolapsed with her first egg. I could not get her better. Bless her heart. I am switching to a plastic waterer, and will get some copper sulfate later today. In the meantime, I understand a couple of drops of clorox can begin to treat the yeast. I know that it is not necessarily contagious, but don't want to chance it. We are planning a major coop cleanup with disinfecting, it is due this week anyway. ( do this once per month)

I am giving them some plain yogurt as soon as I post this.

Thanks for the advice!

2. shellybean40

shellybean40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Boerne, TX
    [​IMG]
    Anyone???

3. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I've never heard of Clorox for treatment for anything. For those symptoms, she needs an antibiotic.

4. WhoopiePie

WhoopiePie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2010
    Queens, NY
    i'm not sure about the clorox thing either, sorry [​IMG]

but i think that the yogurt you're feeding will help (you can even try kefir) as well as some Apple Cider Vinegar in the water.

5. new_2_chick_world

new_2_chick_world New Egg

Jul 28, 2010
    I was told about the clorox..before by an advid chicken seller, she said to add 3 tablespoons to one gallon...
    Hope this helps!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by