dosage of tylan 50 injectable, i cant find a conclusive answer

kidseieio

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 24, 2010
We have had to cull some chickens today because we cant get rid of some strange virus through antibiotics in the water and it has infected others. My daughters silkie has a bubbly eye and i cant bear to cull her. I went and bought tylan 50 injectable as i have read others say it works best. I also have read so many different opinions as how much, and where to give the shot or to give in mouth. The silkie is about 2 months old and she is tiny so I dont want to over medicate. Our other chickens are not laying as of yet and we have a range of 2-3 months before they do as well as 3 chicks that are a month old. Do we treat all of them or just the silkie for right now as long as others dont show any signs?? do we give it orally or inject and if in the breast is it in the muscle or under the skin??? help

You need to give it IM in the breast muscle. 1cc per 3lbs of body weight, so 1/3cc per pound. Three days only, once per day.
smile.png

ok, so help me here.. she is tiny so there isnt even a pound i dont think and do i just lift the skin on the breast and get it just under the skin?

No. You need it IM. Find the breast muscle right to the side of the breast bone and put it right in there. Insert needle, pull back to check you don't have a vein - if you do you'll see blood - then inject. If you do see blood, take needle out and try again.

Weigh her and work it out proportionally. Use a 1cc syringe to make sure you dont OD her.

Back
Top Bottom