Double Coop Breeding Pen Designs?

I didn't build it for breeding purposes specifically, but just finished building 2 of these side by side. The coop and run have plastic chick wire panels dividing the 2 coops. The one inside the coop is semi-permanent (ie hard to remove b/c roost and poop trays are in the way, but not impossible), and the run has 2 wire panels on hinges, so I can open/shut as needed.
View attachment 3348824

this was taken from the chick side, before they'd moved in.
View attachment 3348825

Each side has its own main door so I can let each flock out independently. Right now I have 7 hens on one side, and 7 chicks on the other side. Once the chicks are integrated, I'll remove the divider panels and they'll all share the whole space, unless I have a need to separate one/some from time to time.

this was taken before i added a ramp/pop-door to the chick side, but it's a mirror image of the hen coop.
View attachment 3348823

the nesting boxes in the plan (and where i kept them) are on the outside ends of the coop, but it would be pretty simple to move them elsewhere.

The plans from this guy are REALLY well written and detailed. I made a lot of modifications, but it wasn't complicated to figure out how to work them in because his plans are so detailed. I could easily figure out the downstream effect of any modification I planned to make.
PERFECT!!! 😍😍

Back
Top Bottom