Double Yolk eggs

Dodgersmomma

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 26, 2011
I know they say that twin eggs are rare but I just wanted to say, one of my hens has had 2 twin yolks and my other hen had a triple yolk. I know, you probably think im lying but im not. I have a double yolk in my incubator right now. It is a VERY large egg and both chicks are making progress. Do you think it will hatch? it is easily twice the size of the other eggs in the incubator so im not worried about space, im just worried about air.

Double yoke eggs are really not that rare. I've never had a triple yoker but I've heard the record was 9 yolks in one egg! As for incubating them, although chicks often develop, it is rare that they are able to both hatch and I've never heard of them hatching without assistance.

This is a really good video except the KNIFE, I would use something less dangerous like twizzers. AAAAHHHHEEEEE..... twizzers would do the job just as well.....

Most yolks ever inside an egg are 9.Yeah 9!Thats the record.

Double yolkers are not rare I had a hen that was laying only double yolkers for two weeks.Everyday a double yolker.And that is not good.

Good luck in incubating it.Chances are that none will hatch or one of them will.Its super rare to get both of them.

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom