Double Yolk

View attachment 1074926 View attachment 1074927 My 13 girls have just started laying in the last two weeks. In fact I don't think they are all laying yet. Anyway we have had two eggs laid of the same enlongated shape and both were double yolk. I am not sure which one is the one laying the double yolk. Pretty sure it's not the road island reds or the silver wydottes. Its for sure not the amaracanas so that leave the two big black hens, not sure of their breed or the other ones I am not sure of the breed. I believe we are pretty sure the black hen was owner of a very small egg today. But the other hen has not been seen sitting in any of the boxes. So a follow up question is, what is the breed of the two in the pictures.

Top looks like an Easter Egger and the bottom a Barred Rock

I get double yolks all the time. Sometimes, they don't even fit in the carton the eggs are so big! and then i have the bantam eggs, which are so teeny that they look rediculous right next to the big eggs!

Gave away my first dozen eggs to my son yesterday and he sent me this picture this morning!

upload_2017-7-16_8-50-19.jpeg

Beautiful yellow yolks! Congratulations!
Some of my girls just started laying a little over a couple weeks back. One of the RIRs, Ryan, consistently lays double yolkers. She's given us 5 so far. They're neat. :yesss:

I am just not sure what one it is producing the doubles but it is consistent. We also just started laying about three weeks ago.

IMG_2257.JPG
View attachment 1074926 View attachment 1074927 My 13 girls have just started laying in the last two weeks. In fact I don't think they are all laying yet. Anyway we have had two eggs laid of the same enlongated shape and both were double yolk. I am not sure which one is the one laying the double yolk. Pretty sure it's not the road island reds or the silver wydottes. Its for sure not the amaracanas so that leave the two big black hens, not sure of their breed or the other ones I am not sure of the breed. I believe we are pretty sure the black hen was owner of a very small egg today. But the other hen has not been seen sitting in any of the boxes. So a follow up question is, what is the breed of the two in the pictures.
I think the black speckled is a domonique and mine just laid her first egg and it was double yolk! Such a pleasant surprise

Back
Top Bottom