Double Yolker Day 17 And Alive!

Help name the twins!

• Total voters
Pics

Scott214

Crowing
Oct 1, 2017
West Virginia
So it’s that time of year where hens wanna be mothers and so we have broody mommas. Well I found a hen in a book and cranny sitting on 4 eggs and one happened to be a double yolker. I was praying she just got em but nope they were at least in day 5. So I came to the conclusion if i toss it it dies and if I put it in the incubator it may have a chance or it may die so either way at least this way I have it a chance. It’s a huge double yolker and I see two chicks inside, tomorrow is lock down so I thought I would share my experiences. I know that kinda a golden rule to incubation but my better nature took the better of me. But they look healthy! Does anyone have any experience with this? This picture was on day 14

Attachments

• 97124CE5-C2B5-430B-BBE7-BE820FD64D72.jpeg
    97124CE5-C2B5-430B-BBE7-BE820FD64D72.jpeg
    258.8 KB · Views: 438
Thank you I will let everyone know what all happens when it happens. I was nervous to post this thread I don’t want anyone thinking i was mean for trying. I just wanted to give them a shot at life. Could you maybe like that thread for me to read about the two that successfully hatched? I would love to read it. It’s an Easter Egger egg and I wonder if both will look the same?

There is a thread on BYC where a member successfully hatched a double yolker and both chicks survived.
I have been looking for the thread on the twins that hatched and survived but haven't been able to find it. Apparently the Original Poster isn't a member of BYC anymore. I put the screen name in and it wasn't found. I had saved the youtube video but that is not up anymore either. This thread and video was probably close to 10 years old.

Back
Top Bottom