DOUBLE yolker - yolk Hatched! Video p. 16 ** 13 Week PICS ** p. 51

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by needmorechickens!, Nov 10, 2008.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Crowing

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    My fingers are crossed for your little chicks! [​IMG] Sending lots and lots of good hatching vibes your direction! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Remember, take pictures and I hope they hatch when you are home to see. [​IMG]

2. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Rebecca,

Good luck and keep us posted! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    This is soooo exciting!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD

needmorechickens! :

ok here's a recap:

2double yolkers
    1.) peeping inside shell (no pips) - also tapping rythmically

2.) taps back when I tap on the shell, didn't hear any peeping

Gotta go to work...if they hatch while i'm gone and I don't get it on video, I'm gonna die!

~Rebecca

Do I need to bring out the duct tape? Didn't I say you shouldn't be touching the eggs till day 22 to give them the best chance to absorb what they need to survive and not compromise the humidity on the last days of incubation?​

black_fleet likes this.
  5. hnbubz

hnbubz Songster

Nov 6, 2008
    it makes sense, the experimental portion, i am also very into science and its going to be my career choice after high school. i am really looking forward to how this turns out, i wonder what thy'll look like [​IMG]

6. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Songster

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Quote:Do I need to bring out the duct tape? Didn't I say you shouldn't be touching the eggs till day 22 to give them the best chance to absorb what they need to survive and not compromise the humidity on the last days of incubation?

Uh-oh! Silkiechicken is gonna whoop me! Sorry silkie...I will try to do better. [​IMG]

~Rebecca

Kelley’s Kluckers and msashley like this.
  7. Good luck Rebecca! I don't blame you for trying. I agree that from a scientific perspective it is worth trying. Clearly you will take great care of them, I mean, look at that little chick in your avatar. [​IMG]

8. P'cola

P'cola In the Brooder

Oct 30, 2008
    Pensacola, Florida
    Rebeca keep us posted when u get home....This is exciteing...And please take some pictures...[​IMG]

9. needmorechickens!

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    It is pipped!!!!! [​IMG]
    Small end only....what do i do?? [​IMG]

~Rebecca

10. needmorechickens!

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    The big end is where it had pipped the air cell!!! Why is it pipped on the little end?
    I need advice....is one in trouble?
    ~Rebecca

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: