DOUBLE yolker - yolk Hatched! Video p. 16 ** 13 Week PICS ** p. 51

needmorechickens! :

Thanks for the info ruth...I appreciate it....it would be great if we could get these 2 out alive!
~Rebecca

I would try and give them as long as possible. In both cases here, it seemed to be too early, even the one that was at 21 days still had lots of bloody veins and at least one chick had unabsosrbed yolk. So maybe with twins it takes a day longer - or more.

However, I tried being patient with the second one that had pipped and it died for no reason that I can tell - had beak out - was carrying on like it had hatched already. Even found it hard to sleep with chick chirping like it was. Bator was in master bathroom and DH kept saying "I think it hatched" but I would go peek in and it was still in shell. But there was blood around the pipped area that you don't normally see so maybe it too pipped too soon and then bled to death inside egg.​

Last edited:
Ok they can both breathe and I have wet paper towels on all the right places, so I am going back to work. I get off work in 2.5 hours and will come straight home and update you all!
~Rebecca

I think I'm having a vision of what I'm going to be doing on Sunday. Holding my breath, keeping my fingers crossed and sending you lots of warm fluffy LIVING chick thoughts and prayers!
fl.gif

these chicks are in my prayers as well! sending (((hugs))) your way. good luck and i hope it all works out!!

needmorechickens! :

Ok they can both breathe and I have wet paper towels on all the right places, so I am going back to work. I get off work in 2.5 hours and will come straight home and update you all!
~Rebecca

If you can see beaks and they can both breath - you are doing great. I would leave them alone for awhile. In my cases, only one, out of the four, ever got it's beak into air cell to pip/breath. The rest were still all tightly curled up and there was no space left.​

needmorechickens! :

~Rebecca

Oh man....2 1/2 whole hours? How are we going to wait that long?
lau.gif
And I have to go to a dinner party tonight so I'll miss the update!
barnie.gif

Seriously though, still sending prayers and
fl.gif
your way!​

needmorechickens! :

~Rebecca

Well you know you can always call in sick.
wink.png
And keep us up to date
caf.gif

Just kidding will have to check back when you get back on...​

Last edited:
i really wanna see pics of what hers look like, i cant wait till she updates us when she gets home

Back
Top Bottom