DOUBLE yolker - yolk Hatched! Video p. 16 ** 13 Week PICS ** p. 51

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by needmorechickens!, Nov 10, 2008.

1. RWise

RWise Songster

Dec 25, 2012
    Oakhurst Oklahoma
    I am assuming that he is hatching them, I have yet to see them, so IDK, just that he will replace any egg that is not a double yolker.

At the moment I have enuf problems with normal eggs and incubation, I myself would not try a double yolk egg (at this point), and I have not got a single double yolker

Congrats on the hatch how are they doing???? PICS!!!!

2. elmtree

elmtree Chirping

Feb 26, 2013
    Derry,NH
    I'm just reading this now lol. And I want to reiterate that I think it's ridiculous that so many people on you tube were so negative and rude about your helping the babies out of their shell. In my newbie opinion, each chicken human mommy/daddy ought to be able to choose to help if that is their choice. Whether it's good or bad to assist a hatch, there is evidence supporting both ways of thinking and it should depend on the situation. I'm sorry for the foul language and nasty remarks you had to read. It's just a testament to people's ignorance. I'm so glad it turned out so well!!

1 person likes this.
  3. reeac

reeac Chirping

Jun 16, 2013
    San Antonio TX

4. beach hens

beach hens Chirping

Sep 16, 2013
    MB
    Hi

5. OrpObsessed

OrpObsessed Chirping

Oct 29, 2013
    East Texas
    Wow!! Amazing! :weee :caf :weee

6. OrpObsessed

OrpObsessed Chirping

Oct 29, 2013
    East Texas

X2!!

7. TwinArrowsFarm

TwinArrowsFarm Chirping

Nov 24, 2013
    Tulare, California
    I watched your video a dozen times before reading this forum and reading your story and seeing a picture of the twins I recognized it was you right away! I have twin Pekin ducks who are 11 days into incubation and I'm beyond terrified to loose them. They seem to be developing well and seem to be the same size. You can see them kicking each other. This is my first time incubating and I am new to BYC. Has anyone had any luck with twin ducks? From what I have read it looks like the odds are against them. =(

8. Venia Tulip

Venia Tulip In the Brooder

Mar 7, 2015
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Stayed up till 2am reading this thead. What an amazing story!

9. deserteggs22

deserteggs22 Songster

Jul 22, 2015
    Arizona
    I have a double yolker in the incubator on day 16 and can see movement from both yolks! I hope that they both hatch!

10. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Crowing

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    Awesome! Do you have pictures?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: