Double yolks!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by MickeysChicks, Sep 16, 2014.

1. MickeysChicks

MickeysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    Sooo, can you tell which ones are the double yolks? This is the third week in a row my girls have presented me with a brown and a white double...On the same day!!!!! And I swear the doubles are getting larger!!!!!! The girls are aready laying xlarge brown eggs, so those doubles are HUGE!!!!! The white eggs are what I would call large eggs so the doubles are just a little bigger than the regular brown eggs!
    I've been averaging 12 eggs a day from 14 hens, usually around Sundays the output drops to around 10 eggs. I get the doubles usually on Monday or Tuesday!
    [​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Lucky you! Beautiful eggs!

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    What breeds of chickens do you have?

4. MickeysChicks

MickeysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    I have 7 red sex links and 7 leghorns. Chicken math has attacked my house, we would like to add some orphs and some Easter eggers in the spring, I told my husband absolutely not until we build a bigger coop! Luckily we have 2 acres in the county so space is not the problem just actually getting a new coop built! So far I haven't had any problem getting rid of eggs, so egg sales may actually help us afford the wood to build a bigger coop! ;-)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by