Double yolks!

MickeysChicks

Songster
5 Years
Jul 23, 2014
South Carolina
Sooo, can you tell which ones are the double yolks? This is the third week in a row my girls have presented me with a brown and a white double...On the same day!!!!! And I swear the doubles are getting larger!!!!!! The girls are aready laying xlarge brown eggs, so those doubles are HUGE!!!!! The white eggs are what I would call large eggs so the doubles are just a little bigger than the regular brown eggs!
I've been averaging 12 eggs a day from 14 hens, usually around Sundays the output drops to around 10 eggs. I get the doubles usually on Monday or Tuesday!

I have 7 red sex links and 7 leghorns. Chicken math has attacked my house, we would like to add some orphs and some Easter eggers in the spring, I told my husband absolutely not until we build a bigger coop! Luckily we have 2 acres in the county so space is not the problem just actually getting a new coop built! So far I haven't had any problem getting rid of eggs, so egg sales may actually help us afford the wood to build a bigger coop! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom