Micro Chickens

(Envious sigh) If I were going to have bantams, I would have Sebrights. They are SO pretty and majestic looking. I have resisted only because we have hawks that migrate through here and our flock free-ranges part of the day. And even when they are in their run, it is so big that they would be at risk even there. I guess I need some LF GLWyandottes, they are about the closest in appearance. Beautiful birds you have!
Thank you. We free range most of our flock , donkeys keep land predators away, though we have lost a few to owls and hawks.
We have Cemani that we are keeping separate from the flock to maintain the breed. When we built the run for them we covered it with shade cloth, was inexpensive and can get hardware to attach lengths together. We covered a 12x12 run for about 60$. It allows some sun through and doesn’t hold water, and can be pulled tight enough where no predators can get through.

Thank you. We free range most of our flock , donkeys keep land predators away, though we have lost a few to owls and hawks.
We have Cemani that we are keeping separate from the flock to maintain the breed. When we built the run for them we covered it with shade cloth, was inexpensive and can get hardware to attach lengths together. We covered a 12x12 run for about 60$. It allows some sun through and doesn’t hold water, and can be pulled tight enough where no predators can get through.
Nice! Our run is much too large to cover, and our fence posts are only about 4' high. I'll just enjoy others' flocks vicaroously. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom