Dough Hill Farms

Pics

Dough Hill

Songster
Apr 28, 2023
I’m new here so bare with me first off. Thought I would share some pics and discussion of my Chickens, Chicks and Chickens I’ve raised in the past. Also I’ll post where they stay in my little barn and my second coop and run I built about 4 years ago. I’m going to back date to the first of this year and go forward and through in some Vintage pics from the Pass 27 years of my adventure of raising Chickens. Thanks and come along for the ride.
7D780583-9311-470E-92E7-7FFF2CBB7FAA.jpeg
C33037D5-3714-40D8-B1A8-940083C37F6A.jpeg
January 27 this years we got our first Big Snow we got around 10” for here in the Ozark Foothills that’s a lot of snow. This is my little barn that I keep some of the chickens in one half and I have a two stalls on the other side. I’m not a carpenter my no means I was really worried about there run not collapsing.
5FFFBDD4-96C9-43AD-9526-FF3C447B77FB.jpeg
Setting Eggs for the first time in 2 years it was kinda exciting to do this after being off for 2 years. This was on February 8th

Here’s a pic of my second coop. Unfortunately this February the neighbors dogs got loose and killed all but 3 out of the 7 I had in it. They dug a giant hole underneath the coop by the door and got in. I could believe how deep a hole they dug and the boards they broke to get to them. This pic was taken April 20 2022 we had a freak snow storm that day.
A66AE487-BDED-4104-957A-6430825358CB.jpeg

Here’s a pic of my second coop. Unfortunately this February the neighbors dogs got loose and killed all but 3 out of the 7 I had in it. They dug a giant hole underneath the coop by the door and got in. I could believe how deep a hole they dug and the boards they broke to get to them. This pic was taken April 20 2022 we had a freak snow storm that day. View attachment 3487178
Oh gosh, I am so sorry! :hugs That's terrible, heartbreaking.

Oh gosh, I am so sorry! :hugs That's terrible, heartbreaking.
Thanks for the hug and yes very heartbreaking the bad thing the dogs killed the Chickens in front of my 18 year old daughter when she seen that she was so scared she just ran to the house and got my wife. I was working at the Feedstore the neighbors came up and saw what there dogs did my Wife and Daughter said she started crying and offered to pay and fix my Coop. When I got home cleaned the mess up and I told my wife to call them and tell them don’t worry about it just have her husband come up and help me fix the coop. Guess I should have took the Money because I’ve asked for his help and he always has excuses so I fixed it my self took me a bit but I got some of it done.

Thanks for the hug and yes very heartbreaking the bad thing the dogs killed the Chickens in front of my 18 year old daughter when she seen that she was so scared she just ran to the house and got my wife. I was working at the Feedstore the neighbors came up and saw what there dogs did my Wife and Daughter said she started crying and offered to pay and fix my Coop. When I got home cleaned the mess up and I told my wife to call them and tell them don’t worry about it just have her husband come up and help me fix the coop. Guess I should have took the Money because I’ve asked for his help and he always has excuses so I fixed it my self took me a bit but I got some of it done.
Oh how awful your daughter had to witness the killings, :hugs good grief, if I saw this happen, I'd honestly have nightmares the rest of my days. No one should see things like this. The neighbors will never understand your situation, unfortunately they probably don't care either, so sad. Hopefully they keep their dogs tied up from now on, just be watchful, there may be times these dogs are loose. Maybe install electric fencing.

Oh how awful your daughter had to witness the killings, :hugs good grief, if I saw this happen, I'd honestly have nightmares the rest of my days. No one should see things like this. The neighbors will never understand your situation, unfortunately they probably don't care either, so sad. Hopefully they keep their dogs tied up from now on, just be watchful, there may be times these dogs are loose. Maybe install electric fencing.
Yes it was but she a tough little Farm girl it didn’t bother her as much. Yes some people these day don’t care just say words with no action. I was coming home the other evening and one of there dogs were out and it was chasing my other neighbors horse I went and told him he’s not as lenient as I am he said he will take care of it and I think he did. I don’t want to use electric fence I have one set up still from when I had Goats. I don’t think anything will dig underneath there now if so they have a surprise I coiled up Barbwire on the outside and inside and buried it. Thanks for you kind remarks.

Yes it was but she a tough little Farm girl it didn’t bother her as much. Yes some people these day don’t care just say words with no action. I was coming home the other evening and one of there dogs were out and it was chasing my other neighbors horse I went and told him he’s not as lenient as I am he said he will take care of it and I think he did. I don’t want to use electric fence I have one set up still from when I had Goats. I don’t think anything will dig underneath there now if so they have a surprise I coiled up Barbwire on the outside and inside and buried it. Thanks for you kind remarks.
Keep us posted on your progress with the coop and your chicks! :)

Back
Top Bottom