Dove male or female?

SelenaLuvChicks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 16, 2011
Bakersfield
idunno.gif
I have two pairs of white doves and I wonder which ones are males or females . Any information will help .
thumbsup.gif

It is harder to identify the gender of Doves than it is for Pigeons by appearance (at least harder for me), but generally the females are the ones who lay the eggs, lol!
big_smile.png

Male doves are usually more vocal than the females and just a little larger in size. While the pair is 'billing' (beaks locked together appearing as one dove is feeding the other, usually occurs before copulation), the male will accept the female's beak into his own and regurgitate a small amount of food for her. If they are nesting, the males will usually be the ones who bring more materials to the designated nest-building location while the female takes the nesting material from her mate and arranges it to build the nest. Once the second egg has been laid and the pair begins their nest-sitting/egg-incubating schedule, the male will usually take his place on the nest from 9 or 10 in the morning until anywhere between 3 or 5 in the afternoon (times seems to depend on the time of year and the individual personality of the pair). The female will then take her place sitting on the eggs for late afternoon, night and early morning until the male comes back to sit again the next day.

Hope this helps!

To distinguish empty roof dove is a few ways, first you apply what works offline:
- Discrimination of large and small two zones meat on the nose: Males meat zone both short and large, horizontal, thick; female, long, small, narrow, flat (accuracy 70 - 80%)
- Dove in the body to, big round head and neck, a fresh coat of, sharper light; female body small, plump, and smaller feet. (accuracy around 60 - 70%)
- Observe the two pins next to the anus, the male two pins denser, more females apart (about 60 to 70% accurate, to familiar new look distinguished).
- If you have time to observe the birds, we will see how to drink water between the empty roofs are very different: males drinking regular hot tub in very deep water trough near mine eyes and drinking females, on the other hand only half mines or less, except for females too thirsty expression drinking as males. (accurate to 80 - 90%).
Hope this helps..!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom