Doves, my new found love!

That is actually saying come on over and we can make the nest right here. They kind of flutter their wings while doing that coo. The bow coo is where they bow over and over, up and down while cooing. It is hilarious!! Here is a youtube video of the bow coo:

Gypsy, I hear you on the rabbits!! I breed and show Mini Rex. I think they mean more the wild rabbits not the show ones, right, LOL?!?!

Quote:
LOL that would be my guess
I bred 10 does and got 1 litter and that was from a Checkerd Giant doe I bought LOL I was basically 0 for 10 this winter, frustrating not having any Jrs for first shows of hte season.

Lol don't know if this helps but I do know for a fact they aren't related...came from 2 completely different places...

The one with the bands is from Petco

ETA: that's what the person I got them off of said anyways...

Last edited:
Quote:
Thats always a good thing to know.
I know I have bought pairs and later found out with genetic issues and by asking that they were siblings.
then the mad dash to find something compatable and not related is on.
like I needed one more thing to make me crazy lol.

Thanks guys, this is great!
Duck, I noticed that one was banded and the other wasn't. Apparantly the female is the banded one. She's not quite as friendly as the male, he's my favorite. I had them both out on top of the cage the other day and I tried to pick her up, and instead he came over and stepped right up onto my hand.
big_smile.png

Well, last night, after work, I finally got these two into a flight/breeder cage. The seed cups in this cage are smaller, and I put in a nesting box type thing (a shallow tupperware container) that they can actually fit into, lol, and put some shavings in the bottom of it. The "female" was in it this morning, doing the "lets nest here" thing, and then the "male" came over and they were preening each other. I still haven't seen anyone do the bow coo though, just the "lets nest here" thing. But, if that egg was fertile, then I'm not going to worry about figuring out exactly which one is female.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom