Down hen panting

I would not feed her just what she wants, but try to get her to eat the normal feed. Then an occasional treat once a day if it has nutritional value. I prefer scrambled egg, or tuna, but mealworms is okay. Those can be good to get the vitamins into them.

I would not feed her just what she wants, but try to get her to eat the normal feed. Then an occasional treat once a day if it has nutritional value. I prefer scrambled egg, or tuna, but mealworms is okay. Those can be good to get the vitamins into them.
I was trying that, but she wouldn't eat for over a day and was going downhill. She won't even look at the feed. So I have her some hard boiled egg yolk , with a small amount of crushed feed mixed in and a little frozen corn and she ate that right up.
I'm afraid she will just starve herself.

Either way, today she has stopped rattling. And she is not holding her foot curled and trying to stand on it again. I've had her in a sling and I take her out in the cool afternoons with her sisters and move my plant runs and she pecks at the bugs, and all this time her foot was curled and she would not move her toes much. And tried to move without stepping on it. Today she is flat footed again, and trying to step on it. So hopefully we are over the jump and she will survive. But she may just give me a heart attack in the process.

That sounds like she is a little better. Let us know how she gets along.
She Is walking today. Not a lot. But she got up and walker to her food EVERYTIME she saw me coming to feed her today. And her foot is holding weight and not curled up anymore. She seems to be improving faster now. Thank you for your help. It's much appreciated. I love this place. You don't know how many times I've heard "it's just a chicken" from people wondering why I'm bothering to give her round the clock care. It's not just anything. It is my beloved pet/friend, and a living creature who deserves the same as any other. I'm very glad to have found others who see it that way as well.

Back
Top Bottom