dragging/twisting neck and walking backwards

indianchicken

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 20, 2011
sad.png
I need desperate help with one of my baby chicks. We are new to this and bought 12 last night. One of the 12 is sick. It was completely fine last night and when we woke this morning, we noticed the chic was leaning head to one side and off balance. As the day has gone on, the chick has become lifeless. I was able to get her to eat out of my hand and drink earlier but now it just lays side ways. WHAT DO I DO??? Please help, if there is anything to do.

Last edited:
Sounds like wry neck. I had a chick that did that. Buy some Polyvisol liquid vitamins WITHOUT Iron. They are human infant vitamins. Give chick a couple drops. Mine was fine after a couple days.

Thank you.... I am running to the store to get it. Can you tell me what I should do for food and water? And and the exact dose of vitamin I should give?

With mine I think I just gave one drop a day,for just 2 days. Noticed improvement after the first day. I would help her get to water and food. Pick up some plain yogurt too and feed her a little. Otherwise just her water and normal food.

Chick is eating banana baby food with dropper and little water with dropper. I was able to give her/him some vitamins too. I don't see much inprovement except her/him chirp is louder. I know it is early but I am praying for a miracle. She/he looks so sad. I wrapped a bandaide around one claw on the side of head that lays crooked because she/he was scratching the eye and head when trying to move around. How often should I feed and water her/him? I have to work tomorrow and no one will be here for hours. Any suggestions?

Chick appears to have water filled lump on neck. Hard to tell if bulging spot is from twisted neck or not. I feel so bad for this baby but it looks like there is not much hope. We will see what the morning brings.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom