Drake behavior?

RosemaryDuck

Crowing
Dec 15, 2020
Florida
So I just witnessed the weirdest behavior with Blackberry, my Pekin drake. I wish I had thought to get a video, but I'll just describe it here 😅.

I was cleaning out the coop, and found a few eggs one of the ducks had tried to hide in the corner. I picked them up and placed them on the hay to the side while I was cleaning. My Drake approached and immediately began rolling each egg carefully under him like a duck would do, then sat on them.

I went to take them so he wouldn't break them, and then decided to see if he would do it again. Placed them down and he did the exact same thing!

I've never had a male duck be interested in eggs at all. And yes, I'm positive he is a drake. Any thoughts 😅?

So I just witnessed the weirdest behavior with Blackberry, my Pekin drake. I wish I had thought to get a video, but I'll just describe it here 😅.

I was cleaning out the coop, and found a few eggs one of the ducks had tried to hide in the corner. I picked them up and placed them on the hay to the side while I was cleaning. My Drake approached and immediately began rolling each egg carefully under him like a duck would do, then sat on them.

I went to take them so he wouldn't break them, and then decided to see if he would do it again. Placed them down and he did the exact same thing!

I've never had a male duck be interested in eggs at all. And yes, I'm positive he is a drake. Any thoughts 😅?
my boy plays soccer with the eggs lol
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTdyHA3WL/

Any other signs of feminity like cleaning the place up or making sandwiches? :lau

Back
Top Bottom