Drakes or Ducks???? Pics

tia

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 19, 2009
Valdez, Alaska
I don't feel like a very good mommy. I can't tell them apart very well. I've only named one of them, one with a wide light color band on its wings (Angel) I thought maybe if I took a picture of each one, I could tell them apart better. Can anyone tell by these pictures if they are Drakes or Ducks. I hope the pictures come through okay. Thanks!!!

Tia

28584_runner_duck7.jpg

28584_runner_duck_6.jpg

28584_runner_duck5.jpg

28584_runner_duck4_angel.jpg

28584_runner_duck3.jpg

28584_runner_duck2.jpg

28584_runner_duck1.jpg

Not sure, Cnat get a very good luck at their boodies. My runner drake has some really nice noticeably curly feathers. DO you know how to tell my their voice? You should be able to tell by now easy.

If you can get your hands on them, the male should have a very soft whisper sound. The hen will have the characteristic loud quack. Also males generally have a greenish tint to their bills. Hard to tell on the black one's due to bill color being black as well.

I wouldn't go bby bill colouring with runners, we've got a girl who's got a very greenish tint on the bill. The surefire ways to go by are voices and tail curls. Do your ducks seems to quack or have a froggy sound? Chances are, if they're all quacking they're girls, in the pictures I didn't see any tail curls. If you want us to tell them apart by pictures, show us some of their tails
smile.png

the first three: the second one you have picked out.. by the wing. number one has a white eyestripe that number three does not have. There's you difference!

They are still pretty young, yes?

On Wednesday they will be 11 weeks old. They all sound pretty much the same to me when I pick them up. I will work on it some more. When I go up to their pen they all seem to be quacking. I was worried that they might be all drakes or most of them drakes and then I don't know what I would do.

Back
Top Bottom