Drakes?

SuffolkGirl

Songster
Jun 1, 2020
UK
Hi all! Newbie here!

So, I've recently rehomed two drakes, they came as a pair so get on really well together and have been together since ducklings as far as i know.
I'd like to add to the two of them. I'm not sure I have the space for girls as probably looking at having to get 10+ so they don't get to pestered?
I'm just wondering if i can add more drakes as i don't have any females at all?

The boys get along so would they get along with more boys?
Only thinking maybe 4 more or just another two (maybe also a different breed, I have aylesbury's)? I just thought it would be nice for them to have a few more mates in the run?

Be great to hear peoples thoughts! 😊🦆

Hi all! Newbie here!

So, I've recently rehomed two drakes, they came as a pair so get on really well together and have been together since ducklings as far as i know.
I'd like to add to the two of them. I'm not sure I have the space for girls as probably looking at having to get 10+ so they don't get to pestered?
I'm just wondering if i can add more drakes as i don't have any females at all?

The boys get along so would they get along with more boys?
Only thinking maybe 4 more or just another two (maybe also a different breed, I have aylesbury's)? I just thought it would be nice for them to have a few more mates in the run?

Be great to hear peoples thoughts! 😊🦆
my drakes are a year old, even after being separated from one of their brothers since march they still are happy to see him. they are all staying on a farm together until fall because i can’t keep them with my girls until i move. drakes can be introduced to other drakes, just takes time (even female ducks will fight when first meeting)

Back
Top Bottom