Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

There has been just enough rain the last couple of days to make it hard to impossible to do any outdoor work. Lucky me (?), I was still able to poop scoop coops when the precipitation let up.

I am beginning to accept that Ozzie Orangecat is mine. I have a vet appointment for one of the dogs on Thursday and will also be taking Ozzie O to see if he has a microchip. It's unlikely, I know.

At one point yesterday, he and both of the others were on my deck ramp, although the others don't want to have anything to do with me. I've watched how closely they all interact, and I'm pretty sure somebody -- who probably didn't want more kittens but didn't spay the tortoiseshell -- dumped all three. People disappoint me far more often than animals.

Hey, Jim, did you find any grapes? Mine aren't peaking through yet.

Barb, I am glad you have sufficient rain.
or did I read that wrong ? lol
I'm sorry I did not stay up with you..
I got up at 7AM and ir felt like I slept in.
No sign of rhubarb or grapes..
No rain this time.. it started out with big succulent snow flakes and then it got colder and the flakes got smaller. and it got windy
we could hear a thumping noise.finally traced to down to the back storm door was loose..
No Dish TV until about ten PM.
Too much cloud cover.
the roads began to become covered about 5: .
we were driving home from town in a near white out when a doe and two fawns crossed the road. I surprised to see how big the fawns are already
bad news. the speaker on my computer quit. I like to use it when I watch youtube.. it is not an internal speeaker. auxiliary ..
If the cats are chipped, I assume you will keep them ?

Sick of this snow. Guess that means we are into April now. Almost every year the grass starts to grow between the 15-30 of the month. So in no time we will be firing up the lawnmower.

Yard Work Dog GIF

My chicks arrived yesterday all spry. Seem great this morning. Harder to check on them because I gotta bundle up and put on the boots. The irony is Sunday night I heard one lonely frog croaking. He probably was sorry he woke up already.

good morning, no, I am not up early.
I am up late. I fell asleep watching TV , decided it would be better to go to bed. Yeah, right.
kind of at a standstill for watching youtube. the speaker quit on the computer. don't get much from the video if I can't hear the voice..
I might as well make a cuppa and pretend that I just got up.

Let us know how that works for you :lau. I see a nap in your (near) future!
8pm. I don't recommend doing it.
it took me until 2 pm to finally take a nap. and it was a short one..
however we got a lot accomplished today.
had a lot of insulation added to the attic. and the guys went all over the house and caulked and sealed holes, too..
it felt so nice to have someone else doing the things that I used to do.

I am back to normal sleeping time.
got up at 6:33 this morning.
I check in to 4 b yc threads and have two private email groups.
not a single post from any of them.

DD Brenda came last night with the intention of hooking up a new speaker for my computer. It took her just about two minutes to get the old one to work.. it seems that in my flailing around in the tool bar, I accidently muted the speaker.
Now I have sound again. I can look up recipes for English muffins.
I found two that I like. Simple is what I look for.. Some of those cooks go above and beyond with their recipes.. I don't have 2 or3 days to mess with a recipe..
have any of you used a silicon baking sheet instead of parchment paper ? how does it work for you?
I am also going to buy an instant read thermometer.
I have wanted one of those for a long time..

Ah, Jim, you're not the first to accidentally hit mute!

I have used silicon baking sheets with good results. However, because of my inherent hatred of dish washing, I am more likely to use parchment paper that I can toss out.

LOVE my instant read thermometer. It also took me years to decide to invest the money, but it's well worth it to me.

Back
Top Bottom