Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

Pics
I planted kale a few times. Sometimes it came up, sometimes it came up the next year. I think it's similar to cabbage, late spring planting.

I looked at my seeds today. I bought too many again. Gotta pick out a few tomatoes I want to do. They are the only thing I'm starting.

DD called today. wanted to know what we need in the line of tomato and pepper plants. Annie told her that we are going to take care of them for ourselves this year.
I will buy started plants. Nephew has a pack of 500 pepper seeds. I hope to get lots of peppers from him..
......jiminwausau........

raining like crazy this morning. supposed to quit by tonight. It's making the snow melt faster.. even the big snow bank is shrinking.
PT today. two more sessions next week and then I am through.
........jiminwaUSAu......

Snow is pretty much gone here this morning with the rain washing it away. I always hated therapy. Glad you are almost done.

I don't mind being at PT. It is the getting ready to go there that I don't like..
I have to start going for walks. My range is kind of short right now. Now that the ice is off of the long driveway I can chance it. It is about 300 feet to the road and mailbox.
I am making sketches and notes of things I want to build in my wood shop.
Nothing major.. Just a couple of custom wooded cases for my Grolsch beer bottles. and a drawer divider for silverware. we have plastic ones. I want to take one of the smaller drawers and make it just for silverware.
Every once in a while I sort out the utinsels like spatulas and serving spoons etc. but gradually she adds new ones to the mix until I sort them out again. We have been doing this for over 50 years.
She has enough pots and pans to start a restaurant..
.......jiminwisc........

good morning, looks like a nice day coming up. I think I will take a walk down the driveway. I will take my cell phone along just in case I can't make it back.
I want to plane a few oak boards. We will see how that pans out.
There a re at least one pair of rabbits in the yard. Have to do something about them before they have little ones and the garden starts growing..
.....jiminwisc........

woo hoo, more snow.. we got about an inch. I am not going to go walking in that slushy carp..
Going to browse through a real old beer recipe book that Annie located in the archives here. I need a recipe for some amber syrup I have.
nothing else happening around here. just waiting for it to consistently stay above 45F..
.......jiminwaUSAu.......

good saturday morning, finally supposed to reach 60F today. I have things to do. will play it by ear. might not get anything done. will blame it on spring fever.
am finished with PT. for graduation I gave each of the coaches a bottle of blackberry wine.
...........jiminwisc........

Wow, that was a good gift. :)

I'm hoping my big raised boxes thaw out soon. They are still frozen icebergs. I'm itching to plant radishes.

Back
Top Bottom