Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

Pics
I don't plant radishes, Nobody here really cares that much for them. I would however, like to try putting radishes in vegetable soup. Have you ever cooked radishes ?
.........jiminwisc.........

No to cooking radish. I have stir fried kohlrabi, so perhaps it's a similar cabbage type flavor with radish? If I get enough I can try it this year. My husband likes radish, so I try to grow as much as I can before it gets too warm. We have such a small window for those cold crops. I'm hoping this early warm up means a longer cold crop season.

I've quick cooked radish before (like throwing it on top of soup towards end of the cooking time). It neutralizes the bite if you don't like the peppery kick very much. It softens up pretty quickly, with a texture like cooked carrot.
That sounds delicious. :)

I wonder if radish would impart some interesting flavor if fried with potatoes ?
I might have to grow some and try different things with them. I don't care for the tough hides on them. I do like an occasional one.
when I did grow them, they bolted and got woody pretty quick.
but,,, I am really enjoying the first days of spring.. How soon will my garlic start to sprout ?
.........jiminwaUSAu.......

When my garlic sprouts I know the ground is warm enough to plant my cold crops. Usually I see it some time in April.

You gotta plant radish pretty early. I'm hoping maybe next week or the first week in April. I usually get it in by the end of April, but this year is looking promising for early planting.

I got the tractor started and finished back blading the driveway. the culprit was a loose wire on the coil.
My Brother and his wife stopped out for a visit. It was sure nice to sit outside on lawn chairs and be warmed by the sun.
If this warm weather keeps up the rhubarb might come up. A neighbor sent a picture to FB of her tulips and crocus's ..........jiminwisc..........

I have not been on the computer for a few days. Nothing much happening here. still too cold for anything to grow.
DD has tomato and peppers growing in her house. She is using LED lights. they work better than the grow lights.
less expensive to buy, and less expensive to run.
I bought a couple of fancy shiny brass knurled thumb nuts for my coil on Ollie.
they worked great. shouldn't have trouble with loose wires again.
had snow on the car this morning.
too wet and cold to do anything outside today.
....jiminwisc......

It is wet, and a bit chilly today. A good day to stay inside. I have 6 tomato plants started. They are in my south facing window. They will get leggy, but I always bury them deep, so they will be fine. I have no ambition for grow lights, and I actually put them all away last year.

Back
Top Bottom