Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

Pics
Mowed some lawn, got the rest of the garden boxes planted. I'm pretty sure I planted over planted. Nothing coming up in places so I planted again. Plans are to plant the corn tomorrow or Sunday.

I didn't get anything done today.
I went grocery shopping with Annie.
we bummed the rest of the hot part of the day . still too hot to do anything after we got home. I guess I will have to go out in the morning while it is still cool.
good corn planting weather.
I noticed that the farmer disced up my garden spot along with the field. that's OK. He might as well plant it too, I am not going to.

Those horse flies and deer flies are suddenly terrible. They got me running too. Those bites sure hurt, and itch like crazy.

We got the corn planted. I was the horse. I nearly had an asthma attack. These allergies are gonna kill me. I want to go back to where I don't have allergies. Hopefully the chickens don't scratch up and eat all the corn seed. Not fencing it off this year.

six thirty. I went back out at three thirty. I went as far as I can go with the grapes. all weeded. ready for mulch. three trellises completed. two more to do, but the vines aren't tall enough yet.
I pulled out a few roots, have them soaking in water until I fix someplace to plant them.
really wore myself out. Not used to any kind of exercise.

lolol I am seized up before I even start.
I was going to pull maintenance on the tiller and lawnmower today. I got a late start and it got too hot. I can do it later ..
all three of the kids called and talked a long time each. that was nice of them.
even my younger brother called.
I don't have anybody older that I can call.. lolol

Back
Top Bottom