Dreams of hatching... and THEY ARE!!!! page 7 pic heavy

Quote:
I did keep one that I thought might be developing but it didn't make it past the 2nd candling on the 14th day. It was just too bright inside there when compared to Velvet's. One of Velvet's was a goner then, too. But 3 out of 4 for Velvet was pretty sweet! And they all 3 hatched without any assistance and fluffed right up.

My daughter has watched our biggest Buff Orp throw the banty roo off when tries to shag her, and she is convinced Skye must have done that to Suede. Even showing her his pic and pointing out that he's to big to throw off didn't convince her!
lau.gif

She's 12, so I decided not to argue...

LOL, well, who knows? Maybe she's right! I'm incubating eggs from both girls for KingsCalls and hopefully, Skye's are just extra delicate to ship and will do fine here like they have in the past. We'll see in about 8 days or so when I candle them.

I hope you get a really good hatch!

Do they hatch wing first for you? That was the craziest thing I ever saw, and only the blue orps did it (2 of them, I wasn't watching when the 3rd one popped out).

I've seen several babies hatch like that here, but I dont recall it just being the Orps. So, they tried to fly out of those eggs, huh? I'm so glad they hatched with no trouble for you. That's good to hear.

Back
Top Bottom