1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Dressage Riders

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Celtic Hill, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    Just wondering who rides dressage? I have been doing dressage with my horse since the end of the summer, before her i had an off the track TB that was showing Third before he was sold. He was really awesome, but i got him when he was older (late twentys) so i couldn't do alot with him. But we did our lateral work a couple times during a lesson i got 4 Tempies down the center line. Now ive been working with my Irish Sport Horse and Trainer!

2. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    I do.

3. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    I've done dressage in the past but haven't competed at in it over 2 years, I sold the horse that enjoyed it. My endurance horse, sadly, sees no point in trotting in circles no matter how much I vary the pattern. DD did a walk only test at a schooling show last summer and came in 3rd. Highest I've ever competed was First Level Test 1. With my dressage horse, we earned 6 points for our Legion of Honor in dressage alone.

I also do take an occasional dressage lesson to keep myself and my horse primed even though I no longer compete at it.

4. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    I ride dressage! I lease a really wonderful Hanoverian gelding who I competed at third this last year. I will hopefully be purchasing him from his owner some time this winter which I'm very excited about. Either way we'll be back out next season at third, and hopefully a show or two at 4th by the end of summer!

Here he is:

Showing this summer:
    [​IMG]

Schooling last year:
    [​IMG]

New picture I took last week... Boy does he need to be clipped!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do you have pics of your horse?

5. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    WOW you have a long lower leg, you lucky devil.

6. Celtic Hill

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    That is awesome! At what level do they start riding in a full bridle? Our first dressage show as supposed to be last month but due to an injury she was layed up and wasn't ready for the show.

7. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    The double bridle is optional at 3rd and 4th, required above that.

8. Celtic Hill

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    Quote:Thanks! The horse you ride is very pretty, i hope you can buy him!

9. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Quote:WC,

What level(s) have you ridden at?

10. TMNTCkins

TMNTCkins Chillin' With My Peeps

My daughter who is 11 is riding training level and doing very well. She loves it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by