Dried boogers in air holes

When my chickens had this, I used a warm and damp cloth to clean out the stuff on the outside. I had to use my fingers to peel the grosser stuff off, but it didn't bother me. Just make sure to wash your hands! It helps to have 2 people.

Welcome to BYC. You need to get her nostrils open so that she can breathe. Do you have some hydrogen peroxide in the house? Take a couple of QTips and soak them in peroxide and apply one to each nostril, but only do one at at time. Let it set there for a minute or two, then take a feather quill or tooth pick and gently try to clean the dried material out of the nostril. Then repeat on the other side. It may not all come off the first treatment, but do it again later the same day or tomorrow.

I just use a damp q-tip to clean nostrils if it is needed.
Works really good for dirt so i'd imagine it would get boogies. :)
thanks I tried a little warm water with my granddaughters unused cough med syringe but, I didn't want to put to much water for fear I might make her sick again since we have a cold front coming though today. She seems to be breathing a little better but, she still breathing some what out her mouth. I will try the Q-tip method a little latter after I give her a rest from the syringe up the beck!

Does this look like dried booger? I'm trying to get it out and having no luck and I don't want to hurt her. I have a pic just can't figure out how to post it.

Back
Top Bottom