Drooping wing 2 week old Silkie

Loralye

Chirping
Apr 6, 2020
Please help! I have a 2 week old silkie that is regularly letting right wing droop. She picks it back up. Currently she looks fine while foraging in pine shavings, but she frequently drops that one wing.

They are on medicated feed, I offer some grit to help digest treats (scrambled egg and meal worms). Bit of ACV in water. They also had vitamins/electrolytes in water for first week.

She is eating, drinking, active, pooping normally from what I have seen.

Hasn't been exposed to anything really...i let them play in some dirt a few days ago that I had baked/sanitized and stored for my indoor birds bath a while back. I bought some foodgrade chicken bath sand and they ate/dug in that a bit yesterday. I don't think she got a parasite or anything....I haven't dug out earth from outside and brought it in or anything like that yet...

Yesterday I noticed she just seemed off in the morning...hard to explain.... almost fumbling a bit to one side, closer to the ground sometimes more than usual. But only I would really notice the small difference because she was pretty well normal looking. Occasional wing drooping like today, just the one wing though.

Thoughts?

To add: I just saw her fall over to the right, which is the side of her body that also has the droopy wing. Leg, wing injury?
I'm so worried.

Back
Top Bottom