Drooping wing?

Liquendi

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2016
One of our girls has a drooping wing. Just a drooping wing. Her feathers are fine. Comb looks good. Droppings look good. She's alert, eating, drinking and making plenty of noise. She was especially noisy when I came to refill the water. I guess they didn't want me to give them fresh water.
big_smile.png

She didn't want to let me grab her up today and inspect her (She's one of three who do NOT like to be held or picked up). I did check the others for any parasites and they all looked good. The coop was cleaned and dusted on Saturday. They're all eating well.

Today is our first hot day and the girls have been spending a lot of time in the shade. Maybe she's just very hot? Hm. Any thoughts on this?

They will tend to hold their wings out from their bodies when they are hot. I would keep an eye on it just in case it is hurt, or she is showing signs of a neurological problem. During hot weather, I usually will refill waterers twice a day with cool water, and even add some electrolytes every other day on the hottest days. Let us know how she gets along.

Back
Top Bottom