Droopy Wing Young Muscovy

ewhitney1987

In the Brooder
Feb 10, 2017

I got this duck about 2 weeks ago suddenly last week it's wing started to drop. She can flap and extend it normally. Should I be concerned? The duck is under 3 months old.

I got this duck about 2 weeks ago suddenly last week it's wing started to drop. She can flap and extend it normally. Should I be concerned? The duck is under 3 months old.
@ewhitney1987 Is she growing in her flight feathers? can't see by pic? sometimes when they are growing in their flight feathers and they are full of blood they are heavy and they will be constantly adjusting them letting them hang then bringing them up to normal position.

I am new to Muscovy so I'm not sure about the flight wings. I do know that they definitely had less feathers when I got them and they have grown quite a bit. How long does it usually take for the flight feathers to grow in. Her wing has been like this for about 5 days now.

I am new to Muscovy so I'm not sure about the flight wings. I do know that they definitely had less feathers when I got them and they have grown quite a bit. How long does it usually take for the flight feathers to grow in. Her wing has been like this for about 5 days now.
Flight feathers are the long feathers that grow on their wings when you look at them when they are growing in you can see the quills[not sure that's what you call] but that is what they look like and they will be full of blood. Looking as good as I can at your duck her feathers don't look completely grown in so maybe that is her problems they usually do the wing droop adjusting with both wings though. How old are your scovy's? Have you examined the wing for any injury?

@ewhitney1987

Back
Top Bottom