4 month old muscovy duck with drooping wings

My oldest drake, Jack, is at least 8 years old. I have had him for 5 years and he has always been too dignified to get in a kiddy pool or embarrass himself trying to fly.

Most of the other ducks are 5 years old. That drake, Kitkat, can empty a kiddy pool with his splashing. He also can't resist a female in the pool. When he and his siblings were a year old, the females were great flyers but him not so much. I watched him grab his sister out of the air as she flew over him. This group will occasionally flap around the run.

It is the two 6 month old females that have the morning crazies, flapping and running around on their tippy toes. Gives me my morning smile every day.

That's adorable 😊 I've noticed every morning when I let everyone outta the coop mom, dad, and Burger will fly around the yard while Cheese will run and flap his wings trying to catch up. Once the rest of the family lands they walk back to him to meet him halfway for today's morning shenanigans

That's adorable 😊 I've noticed every morning when I let everyone outta the coop mom, dad, and Burger will fly around the yard while Cheese will run and flap his wings trying to catch up. Once the rest of the family lands they walk back to him to meet him halfway for today's morning shenanigans
Poor boy, but one of these days he'll show them. My girls are good flyers but I clip one wing becasue if they leave their fenced property they are in the woods and I would rather they not be some predators breakfast, lunch, or supper.

Back
Top Bottom